When people need to sell houses fast, they may feel as if they have very limited options. Yes, having a tight time frame certainly does make matters more challenging – but that does not mean that you cannot find a viable solution for your needs and goals.
You can list your house on the market and hope the right buyer – with the right financing – comes along immediately. You can try to sell it yourself if you have an interested party in mind, such as a friend, family member or neighbour. Or you can take matters into your own hands, regain control and work with a reputable, experienced cash property buyer to streamline the entire process and take much of the stress of a sale off your shoulders.
If you choose to work with a company that specialises in fast home sales, what do you need to know?
To Sell Houses Fast, You Need a Fast Buyer
It is so obvious that it should not need to be stated, but here we are! If you want to complete a quick sale, you need a buyer that is fully equipped and that has a tried and tested process that will facilitate an expedited sale.
But you don’t want to work with the first company that pops up on Google. You want to ensure that you are as informed as possible as as protected as possible. To that end, what questions should you ask?
- Are you regulated? You need to know that you will be protected when you work with a company that specialises in fast house sales. When they are regulated by a body such as the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and members of key industry organisations, such as the National Association of Property Buyers (NAPB), you can be sure that they adhere to a strong code of conduct and ethics. Accept nothing less.
- How much experience do you have in the real property industry and in quick home sales specifically? The reality is that virtually anyone can claim to be a quick house buyer. But not everyone has the capital and cash to follow through on offers and complete sales, especially on a tight timeline. Look for companies that have extensive experience in the industry, making sure that they have specific skill in the area of fast cash sales.
- What type of services do you provide? You should expect that the cash property buyer will handle valuations, surveys, searches, legal work undertaken by solicitors, transfers and processing of documents and other key tasks associated with a home sale. Some may go beyond and offer assistance in arranging removals, help finding a rental or new property or intermediary services in the case of a divorce or separation.
- What is a typical offer? Generally, a cash buyer will offer between 75% and 85% of total market value. Better still, you can sell your house fast in as-is condition.
- How much will using your services cost me? Nothing. The only acceptable answer here is “nothing.” You should not have to pay out of pocket for anything from surveys to solicitors’ fees.
- Do I have to sign a contract? Again, the answer should be no. Some buyers require you to sign a contract, stating that you will use only their services for a certain period of time. You should not be restricted in any way during this process.
- What happens if I do not accept an offer? Not a thing. You are entirely free to accept or decline an offer in principle or a formal offer. You are in control.
- How long does all of this take? Depending on the buyer, you can sell your home in as little as two weeks (or even less in some cases).
- What do customers who have to sell houses fast have to say about your company? They should feature customer ratings and reviews on their website, but also check Trustpilot, Google Reviews and other third party platforms.
- Can I see proof of financial standing? The only answer you want to hear is “yes.” You need to know they have the capital to purchase your house without delay. They should be happy to provide you with evidence in the form of bank statements or other key documents?
Bonus Question: How do I get started?
Start researching reputable cash property buyers and fill out a simple form. You could have your initial offer by tomorrow.